I would first like to set the tone of my 7QT's with my new favorite song. I may or may not have done a little handle-bar-percussion while listening to this during a workout this week at my very occupied gym. Endorphins flowing. No shame. I just love this song! (and *dislike* the video but the "lyrics" versions didn't sound the same - sorry!)
And this version, less percussion and more strings, gives me the goosebumps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzRBoZb3GKw
Mia (15 1/2 months) has been doing some super funny things lately, including showing off her new dance moves (i.e. turning in a circle).
She has also employed this creepy-smiley look as of late:
I think it falls someplace in between..
For my husband who may or may not have gotten the above reference:
Ok, now switching gears. Podcasts. Some of you may not have heard of them (think: online radio shows), some of you may not care. I'm moving on anyway, because you should Totally Care (respectively)! They are awesome.
I love podcasts because:
1. They are free
2. I learn, learn, learn things all the time. Free education. Easy.
3. They can also be very entertaining, and for many podcasts that is the main point
4. They help me do two things at once - be entertained, or learn about something, while doing mindless tasks
5. There is a podcast for almost EVERYthing
6. Podcasts are like what Netflix is to TV - you can listen to what you want, how much you want, whenever you want.
How do I listen, and When do I find the time to listen to podcasts you may ask?
- I download them (for free) from iTunes, and then sync them onto my ipod
- I listen to them straight from my laptop's speakers via iTunes
- I stream them on my iphone via the Podcasts App (avail. for ios and android)
- I have also tried the Stitcher app which many people like. I prefer iTunes because it has the widest selection
When do I find the time??
- Washing dishes, making dinner, folding laundry, et.al.
- Walking around the 'hood with Mia
- Working out
- Projects like like painting, sewing, organizing, etc.
Basically, I listen to podcasts generally about 1-2 hours a day. It is sooo much better than turning on the TV, which I tend to do for background noise or while I cook.
Even though I've written my favorites list before, it is constantly changing. These are some of my current favorites!
The Art of Simple Podcast (formerly Simple Mom)
Catholic in a Small Town
Smart Passive Income Podcast
How They Blog Podcast
The Break with Fr. Roderick
and my guilty pleasure...For Crying Out Loud
This all leads me to the announcement (I'm sure you've been biting your nails in anticipation) :
I am about to launch my own podcast!
It's called This Inspired Life and I'm super nervous, but more excited than anything. I think it'll be sooo fun. So if you are a fan of podcasts already, or want to give them a try, I hope you will give mine a listen sometime.
I haven't launched yet (planning on late September!) and my website is currently under construction but here's an excerpt from the About page:
About This Inspired Life Podcast:
Being Catholic / Christian is often like swimming upstream. It's nice to know others are there with you, and that's what this podcast is all about. We'll discuss things like parenting, marriage, current events, blogging, at-home businesses and writing books all in light of trying to live out our faith. We'll also have some fun!
And, since it could get boring here all by myself, I have sought out some people who inspire me so I can learn a little something from them. These conversations are a huge part of this podcast, and I'm excited to share them with you. I hope we all gain enthusiasm, motivation and courage to keep becoming "better versions of ourselves."
Links to the website and where to listen will come soon! I am currently recording my first few episodes before I release a few at once to start, and am working on some awesome guests. I hope you will come by and listen!!
Also, if you have any suggestions for content or guests feel free to email me anytime or comment below! Who would you like to hear me interview??
Email: thisinspiredlifepodcast (at) gmail (dot) com.
Thanks everyone! Have an awesome weekend!!